Officer Planning Seminar
How to Get Ready
Wednesday, November 11
6:30 - 9:00 pm
Maze Runners Consulting Office
93 Rowland Way, Bozeman
This is the second floor of the Used Book Store on South side of Huffine.
This is a hybrid meeting - combining what usually happens at an Officer Briefing, an Officer Orientation, and covering how the officers and advisors work together. I expect that the Officer Team will need to have a separate meeting to finish the draft calendar, although we will make progress on this.
The high-level meeting objectives:
A. Establish understanding between the Officer and Advisor for each leadership position on goals, support, etc.
B. Discuss Crew interests; decide on SuperActivity and develop a list of other activities for the program.
C. Plan at least 2 months of program.
D. Develop plan to finish the Crew Calendar through elections and transition.
E. Review officer roles for crew meetings and activities.
1. Prepare - make sure every officer has the needed tools and support for success like job description, calendar, contacts, advisor, etc.
2. Interests and Super Activity - Develop a vision for the super activity(ies) based on the interest surveys.
3. Officer Communication - Officers will decide how they will routinely plan and communicate including agenda preparation, notes, reminders, etc.
4. Crew Meeting - Walk through what happens at a meeting, including hand-offs between officers, responsibilities before, follow-up, and communication.
5. Activity - Walk through how Activities happen including preparation, promotion, finance, advisor role,
6. Plan - Calendar or develop NEXT STEPS for key routine crew activities including recruitment, bylaws review, award ceremonies, advancement conferences, and 2016 elections.