Adults: Frank, Betsy, Deana, Todd
Snow Snake: Edward finished sanding. On to Annika for paint and wax.
Winter Camporee: Went over gear list. It is under Resources. Key points:
- Pack WED so you have time to correct any gear issues.
- Chemical hand and body warmer (for sleeping bag) may be good especially if new to winter camping.
- Travel in Class A
- Layering order: wicking (get moisture away), thermal (trap warm air like down), shell (wind and moisture protection).
- In cold weather, add thermal layers like polar fleece.
- Goal is to STAY DRY. Bring shell for bottom too. Take off layers when you warm up.
- Some adds to the list: heavy camp coat (like capote), day pack, cleats (optional), snow shoes. shovel,
- Remember crew green hat! Mandatory!
- Cooking - Julia doing hot breakfast sat am. Everyone bring own dinner ( or eat before). Frank will coordinate further with scouts on meals. Everybody pack own lunch on Sat. Will have green camp stove for water. Personal white gas stoves a plus. Propone can be a problem in cold.
- Need 10 essentials for daytime at camporee.
We will have an hour long crew meeting after 11-12.
We will not have a crew meeting on 18th because of the camp trip.
Need to decide if ice skating or archery. Frank will talk to Annika.
Frank will send out a schedule email with confirmation on February dates.
Signed a card for Abby.